Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 3 Recap:

Since we are planning to take a long drive to Matawan, NJ from our house I only used the Mini-e to get to my office (5 mi each way) and back. It was on charge at my office for the day. I have my old ICE auto for sale and keep it at my office so if I need to go on a long trip for the next couple of weeks the car is available. After that my wife and I will swap cars when required.

Day 4:

I've been charging the Mini-e all day Friday, overnight and Sat. morning. To be honest I had been obsessive about this. Can I really dive 49 miles to Matawan and return home OK. There's air conditioning, (and I believe reheat to warm the cabin), lights, etc. It's the first time I have actually seen the charge indicator at 100%- Oh joy... We drove the Mini-3 very conservatively never over 55mph (after all the who would ever exceed the posted speed limit?) taking advantage of down hill slopes to gain maximum regenerative braking. (No air conditioning required yesterday aftn) We got to our destination, 47 miles actually, with 60 % battery capacity! Wow.... This is great! Plugged her in for 4 hours during our visit and had 75% battery capacity for the 46+ mile ride home. Going home we weren't so conservative and had the AC and naturally headlight. No problem! We return home with 20 miles available driving distance so even if we didn't get an additional charge we could have made it back home. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment